Sunday, October 12, 2008

Review: An American Carol




I saw American Carol Saturday afternoon. I will give a brief review here. The movie is a little schlocky, and starts off slow. I have to say it was mild by this New Yorkers standard, so may be my funny bone is a little insensitive. It's not big on cinematography or haute film school techniques, but it doesn't need to be. The premise of the film is that Michael Malone AKA Michael Moore, an anti-American film maker, desperately wants to abolish the 4th of July and he wants to make a feature film and in his quest, he meets Afghani terrorists, the ghosts of JFK, George S. Patton, George Washington, The Angel of Death, and ACLU zombies, all of which to serve as a transformative force to change his mind and his heart. I won't give more away, but like I said, the movie wasn't shocking or super hard hitting, certainly not as much as it could be, BUT, the scene that literally brought tears to my eyes was the one with George Washington, played by Jon Voight, in St. Paul's Church. If there is a best supporting actor performance, this is it. It made the movie worth seeing. He was that good, that convincing. May be it was that I am a New Yorker, but if you see the movie, let me know what you think. I give it 3 and half Statue of Liberty's out of 5. 

No comments:

You also might like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails