Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Nobility of Victimization: Extortion and Tribute as a Way of Life

I should really try to blame Steve Deace for this post, but I won't. This bailout rings of the nobility of victimization. What I mean is that today, to be a victim bestows nobility. The banks were a victim, the recipients of the loans they never deserved are victims, and even politicians are victims. The banks are victims of the CRA, and so are those people that got in over their heads. Politicians are victims because they are forced to take a stand on this bill and actually do something...or not. To understand the audacity involved, Barack Hussein Obama postulates that the people that acquired those loans were somehow tricked into it. He said they were tricked into buying houses. I will say it... that is total F@#$ing bullshit, in my totally authentic NY accent. And somehow this makes all the players in this play noble. Noble as in having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals. Somehow we owe them, it's our fault, not theirs, we have to bail them out. This is furthest from the truth. When people screw up, particularly with their own finances, They are responsible for it. There's nothing of high moral ideals or fine personal qualities in it and there isn't any of those qualities in those that stick up tax payers to pay the bill for it. To add insult to injury, these bad players are threatening us, yes threatening us with financial harm if we do not pay their extortion, pay the tribute in order to avoid mayhem. Unfortunately for them, instead of grabbing my ankles as they would like, it makes me get my back up. Blame it on my Neapolitan heritage. I won't do it. Today's world is getting away from me and the more I know, the less I understand. It reminds me of the American Revolution when Lord Cornwallis lost at Yorktown and surrendered to Washington. The British military band played "The World Turned Upside down".

If buttercups buzz'd after the bee
If boats were on land, churches on sea
If ponies rode men and if grass ate the cows
And cats should be chased into holes by the mouse
If the mamas sold their babies
To the Gypsies for half a crown
If summer were spring
And the other way 'round
Then all the world would be upside down!



Thank you to Steve Deace for pushing my buttons and thank you for reading this blog.

No comments:

You also might like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails