Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cheney Rebuked in Rand Paul Win

Rand Paul kicked Grayson's ass in the GOP senate primary in Kentucky, with 59% of the vote. It's a landslide. While I am happy as a clam and it is great news, one thing came to mind. The Tea Party has rebuked the mainline establishment GOP again in this latest primary.

In the senate primary in Utah, Mitt Romney campaigned strongly for Robert Bennett. Bennett lost soundly in spite of Romney's effort, a mormon republican in a mormon republican state. Romney's insider status was repudiated for a fresh Tea Party start.

With the primary election in Kentucky, Cheney campaigned for Grayson, as did other mainline republicans, like Gingrich, to no avail. Remember Gingrich was the same moron that supported Dee Dee Scozzafava against Doug Hoffman. How did that happen Mr. Potato Head? I will assert here that the populace, the Tea Party people, have repudiated Cheney as well. Darth Vader loses, and now shares a spot on the bench with the Sears® Mannequin.

Look for this trend to continue. Machine GOP will have to understand, just like incumbent democrats, that being the GOP default, being anointed by the party oligarchs, by being an incumbent does not guarantee a seat back at the table. And I want the rest of you cowboys to know something, there's a new sheriff in town. And his name is Tea Party. So y’all be cool. Right on.

Thank you for reading this blog.

3 comments:

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

I tend to agree with your assessment.

Bill589 said...

I’m glad about Rand Paul, but up here in CT, that’s largely because he stuck it to the GOP guys.

As for Mitt - I got into politics because of Obama, and was first drawn to Palin because she was the loudest anti-Obama voice. But I think one of the reasons I continue to root for her is the other choices I know of look so bad.

The Right Guy said...

There were two comments that do not seem to have posted. one from Bill589:

I’m glad about Rand Paul, but up here in CT, that’s largely because he stuck it to the GOP guys.

As for Mitt - I got into politics because of Obama, and was first drawn to Palin because she was the loudest anti-Obama voice. But I think one of the reasons I continue to root for her is the other choices I know of look so bad.

And one from Christopher:
I tend to agree with your assessment.

I have no idea why they didn't show up, I published them.

You also might like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails